This is a really cool interactive paper shutter camera lens you can try to level up your card-making ideas.
Materials you will need to make paper shutter camera lens:
- Cardstock paper
- Printer or Cutting machine for the templates
- Double sided tape
- A cutting knife like exacto.
You can use a PDF template if you’re manually cutting the card or download the SVG File or Silhouette Cameo cut file if you’re using a cutting machine.
Watch the step-by-step tutorial on how to assemble the paper shutter lens template.
These are the parts of the paper camera lens, it is best to use an Exacto knife to cut it precisely.
The back and front view of the opened shutter lens.
Step by step instructions on how to assemble the paper shutter lends card:
- Print the template and cut out all the parts to make paper lens.
- Fold all the mini flaps of the six lens cover.
- Attach the six-lens cover onto the base card.
- Insert the mini flaps of the lens onto the holes of the card cover.
- Cover the front of the camera lens to hide the mini flaps.
- To fix the position, fold the outer flaps onto the cover and add double-sided tape or glue to secure in place.
- Lastly, on the front, place another circular cover to hide the folded flaps.
Now you have a camera shutter lens card! To finish it off, Simply attach it to a card of your liking and decorate accordingly. Enjoy!